In IPL 2022, the match between Gujarat Titans and Mumbai Indians on Friday saw the first hit wicket of this season. GT’s left-handed batsman Sai Sudarshan was unfortunately dismissed. This is the first time in IPL 2022 when a batsman has been dismissed for a hit wicket. Although this has been seen many times in the history of the league. In the history of the tournament, now 13 players have been hit wicket-out.
Sai swings his bat vigorously
On the last ball of the 16th over, Sai Sudarshan of GT was unfortunately hit wicket out. Kieron Pollard did this over for Mumbai Indians. On the last ball of the over, Sai swung the bat so fast that he became a hit wicket. Sudarshan tried to pull the ball slammed on Pollard’s half pitch, but due to the extra bounce, he was beaten and lost control completely. As soon as his shot was completed, the bat hit the stumps.
Hit wickets in IPL
- Musawvir Khote (Mumbai Indians), 2008 – Bowler: Sreesanth
- Misbah-ul-Haq (Royal Challengers Bangalore), 2008 – Bowler: Sreesanth
- Swapnil Asnodkar (Rajasthan Royals), 2009 – Bowler: Albie Morkel
- Ravindra Jadeja (Chennai Super Kings), 2012 – Bowler: Dale Steyn
- Saurabh Tiwary (Royal Challengers Bangalore), 2012 – Bowler: Harbhajan Singh
- Yuvraj Singh (Sunrisers Hyderabad), 2016 – Bowler: Mitchell McClenaghan
- Deepak Hooda (Sunrisers Hyderabad), 2016 – Bowler: Nathan Coulter-Nile
- David Warner (Sunrisers Hyderabad), 2016 – Bowler: Axar Patel
- Sheldon Jackson (Kolkata Knight Riders), 2017 – Bowler: Washington Sundar
- Riyan Parag (Rajasthan Royals), Year 2019 – Bowler: Andre Russell
- Hardik Pandya (Mumbai Indians), Bowler of the Year 2020: Andre Russell
- Jonny Bairstow (Sunrisers Hyderabad), Year 2021 – Bowler: Krunal Pandya
- Sai Sudarshan (Gujarat Titans), 2022 – Bowler: Kieron Pollard
condition of competition
The 51st match of IPL 2022 was played between Gujarat Titans and Mumbai Indians on Friday. Gujarat Titans won the toss and decided to bowl first. Batting first, Mumbai scored 177 runs for the loss of 6 wickets. Ishan Kishan scored 45 off 29 balls and Rohit Sharma scored 43 runs in 28 balls. In the end, Tim David scored 44 runs in 21 balls to take Mumbai to a big score. In reply, Gujarat’s team could only score 172 runs at the loss of 5 wickets. Mumbai won the match by 5 runs.