IPL Playoffs: Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) had to face defeat once again in the IPL match last night. Lucknow Super Giants (LSG) defeated KKR by a huge margin of 75 runs. After this defeat, KKR’s chances of reaching the playoffs got a big blow. Although there is still some hope of KKR playing the playoffs but they will have to depend on the results of other matches. Here’s how the equations for playing the KKR playoffs are formed.
- KKR won their remaining three matches with a good run rate. KKR have to play matches with Mumbai Indians, Sunrisers Hyderabad and Lucknow Super Giants. KKR will need a big win against these three teams. If this happens then KKR will have 7 wins in 14 matches. If the net run rate is better than the other 7 match winning teams, then KKR can reach the playoffs.
- RCB win today’s match against Sunrisers and lose their matches against Punjab Kings and Gujarat Titans. In such a situation, there will be 7 wins in 14 matches in RCB’s account.
- Sunrisers lost their match against RCB today. He also loses to KKR and Mumbai and wins from Punjab Kings. In such a situation, only 6 wins will be left in the account of Sunrisers in 14 matches. Even if he wins here from Mumbai, he will be able to win only 7. Then net run rate will matter.
- Delhi Capitals win their today’s match against Chennai Super Kings. He also won from Punjab Kings and lost to Rajasthan Royals and Mumbai. In such a situation, only 7 wins will remain in Delhi’s account.
- Punjab Kings won by RCB, lost to Delhi and Sunrisers. In such a situation, only 6 wins will be left in Punjab’s account. Even if he wins from either Delhi or Sunrisers, he will still be able to have 7 victories. Yes, in such a situation, 6-6 victories of Sunrisers and Delhi will remain. Even then KKR will have a chance to reach.
- Chennai Super Kings lose the match against Delhi Capitals today and even if they lose or win the remaining three matches, there will be a maximum of 6 wins in Chennai’s account.
If the above-mentioned equations are made, then KKR’s team can reach the playoffs along with Lucknow, Gujarat and Rajasthan.
IPL 2022: Pietersen became a fan of Umran Malik’s speed, said – Had he been an Indian selector, he would have included him in the Test team
Watch: Chahal turns his iconic pose into a dance step, watch the spinner mingle with Butler on ‘Balle ni Balle’