News Desk, Amar Ujala, New Delhi
Published by: Sushil Kumar Kumar
Updated Tue, 15 Jun 2021 10:00 PM IST
The NIA has identified two suspects in connection with the blasts outside the Israeli embassy in Delhi last year. The agency has announced a cash reward of Rs 10 lakh each for any information that aids in their arrest.
Israeli embassy blast case: Two suspects walking near the embassy.
– Photo : Video Grab
hear the news
An official spokesperson of the NIA gave this information on Tuesday. The spokesman said the agency was trying to gather information to identify two people who were seen on CCTV in connection with the blast near the Israel embassy in New Delhi. The agency has also released pictures of both the suspects along with this video.
#WATCH | CCTV footage of suspects in a blast that took place on January 29th outside the Israel Embassy in Delhi.
(Video source: NIA) pic.twitter.com/KS1jIcKSkJ
— ANI (@ANI) June 15, 2021
Significantly, on 29 January 2021, there was a bomb blast outside the Israeli Embassy in Delhi. The blast took place when the Beating Retreat was going on in the capital. Several VVIPs including the President, the Prime Minister were present just 2 kilometers away from the blast site.
Security agencies were alerted after the blast and the area was completely sealed. Israel considered the attack a terrorist attack. However, there were no casualties in the blast. Teams of National Investigation Agency (NIA) and National Security Guard (NSG) also reached the spot. An alert was sounded at all airports, important installations and government buildings in view of the possibility of an explosion. CISF had put all its units on alert.
Israel’s Ambassador to India Ron Malka said after the blast near his embassy in Delhi that we are working closely with the Indian authorities to find out the perpetrators of this attack and their motive. The incident took place on the 29th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries.
At the same time, External Affairs Minister Jaishankar had described the incident of bomb blast as very serious and said that the investigation of the incident is going on. Nothing will be done to trace the culprits. He spoke to Israel’s Foreign Minister Gabi Ashkenazi over the phone and assured full security of the Israeli embassy, diplomats and other staff present. He said that we are taking this incident very seriously.