Education Desk, Amar Ujala
Published by: Devesh Sharma
Updated Mon, 05 Jul 2021 09:53 PM IST
Here in this news, you are being informed about the changes that will come from the new scheme. With this new scheme CBSE will change from the way of teaching in schools to the examination system.
CBSE Latest News Updates
– Photo : social media
hear the news
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Monday, July 05, 2021 released a Special Assessment Scheme i.e. New Special Assessment Scheme. This scheme is to be implemented in the upcoming academic session 2021-22 of CBSE. Here in this news, you are being informed about the changes that will come from the new scheme. With this new scheme CBSE will change from the way of teaching in schools to the examination system. Before knowing about the scheme, it is important to know why this new scheme was needed.
In fact, the Kovid-19 pandemic has created uncertainty regarding the board examinations for the last two years. Both the students and the education sector have suffered a lot due to the lockdown imposed to prevent the global infectious pandemic. Under the new scheme, the examinations and evaluation work will not be affected and will not have to be changed frequently even during future epidemics like Corona.
Understand what will change in these 11 points
- The academic session will be divided into two parts, with 50 per cent syllabus in each session.
- The first term examination will be held in November-December, the second term examination to be held in March-April.
- CBSE will rationalize the syllabus of class 10th and 12th for 2021-22.
- The new syllabus for the session 2021-2022 of CBSE may be notified by the end of July.
- Efforts will be made to make the internal assessment / practical project work more reliable and valid as per the guidelines and moderation policy announced by the Board to ensure proper fixation of marks.
- The Board will also provide additional resources like sample assessment, question bank, teachers training etc. for more reliable and valid internal assessment.
- Schools will continue to teach in online mode until the authorities allow in-person teaching in schools.
- Internal Assessment for Classes IX – X (whole year irrespective of Term I and Term II) will consist of 3 Periodic Tests, Student Enrichment, Portfolio and Practical Work / Speaking – Listening Activities / Project Work.
- The Internal Assessment for Classes 11th – 12th (across the year except for the duration of Term I and Term II) will consist of Topic End or Unit Tests / Exploratory Activities / Practical Work / Project Projects.
- A profile of the student will be prepared for all the assessments done by the school during the year and its evidence will be saved in digital format.
- CBSE schools will also be provided with the facility to upload internal assessment marks on the CBSE IT platform.
The Detailed Evaluation Scheme of CBSE for the session 2021-2022 can be read and downloaded by clicking here.
Click here to read this news and other news related to education and jobs in English.