IPL Playoffs 2022: The start of this season of IPL was very bad for Chennai Super Kings. The team lost its first four matches. However, after this, the team has kept its hopes alive of reaching the playoffs by winning 3 out of the last 5 matches.
If this hope is to be maintained even further, then Chennai will have to win their remaining five matches. By the way, even after winning four out of five matches, Chennai can reach the playoffs. In both these situations, Chennai will have to depend on the results of other matches as well. Read here, the possible equations for CSK to reach the playoffs ..
- RCB won two out of their four matches and lost two matches. That is, he loses the match against Chennai and Gujarat and wins the match against Sunrisers and Punjab. In such a situation, RCB will be able to win 7 out of 14 and they will be on the verge of being out of the playoff race. If RCB loses to Sunrisers here too, then they will be able to win only 6 and they will be out clearly.
- Punjab Kings also won two out of their remaining four matches and lost two matches. That is, he loses the match to Rajasthan Royals and RCB and wins the match from Delhi and Sunrisers. In such a situation, Punjab will also be able to win 7 out of 14. If the team of Punjab loses to Delhi here, then Punjab will be able to win only 6 and it will be out of the playoff race.
- Sunrisers won two out of their five matches and lost three matches. That is, it loses to Punjab, RCB and Mumbai and wins the match against KKR and Delhi Capitals. In such a situation, Sunrisers will also be able to register only 7 wins out of 14. Even if Sunrisers wins from RCB, it will be necessary to lose to Delhi.
- Delhi Capitals should win three or two matches out of their five and lose two or three matches i.e. Punjab team loses matches against Chennai and Rajasthan, loses or wins all three from Mumbai, Sunrisers and Punjab. In such a situation, Delhi will be able to have a maximum of 7 wins and at least 5 or 6 wins and it will be out of the playoff race.
- KKR should lose one out of their four matches and win or lose the remaining three. That is, he loses the match against Mumbai and wins or loses two matches from Lucknow and one match against Sunrisers. In such a situation, at least 5 wins and maximum 7 wins will be possible in this season of KKR.
If the above equations are made, then the team of Chennai can easily reach the playoffs by winning their remaining five matches. Even if the team of Chennai loses one match out of five matches, then according to the above equations, their chances of playing the playoff will remain, yes, in this case the net run rate can be a factor i.e. either Chennai has a better run rate than some of its Whichever team is won by or the teams given above lose by big margin.
IPL 2022: Sunil Gavaskar reveals the secret of Rahul Teotia’s good performance in IPL, also explains the reason for calling him ‘Iceman’